What is the AFIS Upgrade Project?
We are upgrading the Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS)!
Learn more about AFIS, what is changing with the AFIS Transformation Project, and how it will benefit you.
The Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS) is the statewide financial system of record for all state agencies. It is a cloud-based application hosted off-site by CGI. AFIS is administered on behalf of the State of Arizona by the General Accounting Office in the Arizona Department of Administration.
Annually, AFIS processes on average 33 million transactions, manages approximately 1,700 users, and 500K vendors and customer records. AFIS supports business operations for all aspects of the:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- General Ledger
- Budgetary Control
- Cash management
- Cost Accounting/Cost Allocation
- Asset Management
- Debt management
- Inventory Management
- Security & Workflow
AFIS is a fully integrated system with Human Resources Information Solution (HRIS) and Arizona Procurement Portal (APP). It also produces over 250 inbound and outbound interfaces to internal and external customers. InfoAdvantage, the reporting component of AFIS, allows for the generation of statewide Financial Reports, including but not limited to reports to Joint Legislative Budget Committee, Office of Strategic Planning and Budgeting and the Federal Government.
The AFIS Transformation project began in April 2022 under the administration of the General Accounting Office. The project will upgrade AFIS from its current version of 3.11 to 4x.
AFIS Transformation project benefits:
- Transforms the state’s technical infrastructure and processes
- Provides the state a modernized application architecture and user experience (UX)
- Provides a higher level of configurability and a pure Software as a Service (SaaS) solution
- Transitions the state to out-of-the box functionality and eliminates product customizations, while maintaining support of critical State business capabilities
- Tailoring the user experience to state specific user roles to improve usability and enable data driven decisions
- Establishes a foundation for and executes test automation to transform the State’s long-term support model to improve quality, drive efficiencies, reduce manual testing, and adjust to the new release cadence
Due to the application hosting Financial and Human Resource/Payroll modules, AFIS 4x will be rebranded to AZ360.
The AFIS Transformation project is scheduled to go live in October 2023.